Read here the latest news about AdP Group.
EGF, Águas de Portugal Group’s sub-holding company responsible for guaranteeing the treatment and recovery of waste, has begun operating two new electricity generating centres in Aveiro and Coimbra and is preparing the start-up of two others in 2013. By the end of 2012, the energy produced by its waste-fuelled systems was enough to meet the annual energy needs of 380,000 people.
The AQUASAFE platform, a research and development project developed at Simtejo, has been honoured with an award from the International Water Association, one of the most prestigious international associations in the water sector, at the IWA Project Innovation Awards (PIA).Earlier, at the end of 2011, the implementation of the AQUASAFE platform at the Beirolas subsystem, which is also managed by Simtejo, gained international recognition when its was considered one of the most important projects of 2011 by the judges of the Be Inspired Bentley Awards.
Águas do Douro Paiva is one of 14 finalists shortlisted by the European Commission for the European Business Awards for the Environment, the winners of which will be announced in Brussels on May 24. The awards are attributed in five categories (Management, Products, Processes, International Business, and Companies and Biodiversity). The only Portuguese company to be shortlisted, AdDP has been nominated in the Management Award category for its project “A sustainable integrated management model for water supply companies”.
- Águas de Portugal at the World Water Forum
- Águas do Algarve joins partnership for promoting environmentally-aware tourism
- AdP joins new European research project
- AdP Energias and Suldouro install innovative technology
- AdDP commended as an example of innovation for sustainability
- Algar joins European project for promoting forest biomass as an energy source
- IWA distinguishes AdP’s work on Water Safety Plans
- AdP Group companies win quality awards
- Innovative organic recovery unit goes into full operation
- AdP Group participates in Luanda International Fair
- Preparations underway for 9th World Water Congress in Lisbon
- AdP hosts meeting with Bulgarian officials
- Águas do Noroeste wins European energy efficiency award
- EPAL improves efficiency and customer service
- The AdP Group hosts French business mission
- EPAL strengthens supply system and promotes hydroelectric power
- Lisbon sewage channelled to Alcântara WWTP
- Positive outcome for AWARE-P project